Tuesday 11 July 2017

Annual Report 2016 - 2017: Cllr Mussarat Pervaiz

It has been a huge privilege and honour to represent the Dewsbury West ward. I would personally like to thank the supporters and volunteers that gave up so much time to help me, and as I said before I will represent you and not let you down.

I have worked full time as a councillor, I attended events, community groups, and meetings across Dewsbury West. I have responded to issues and enquiries from residents supporting them with their housing needs, passports application, school placements and appeals. In the past year I have helped support volunteers, community groups to do clean up campaigns around the area. 

Along with my colleagues Cllr Mumtaz Hussain & Cllr Darren O’Donovan we supported the “You & Your Community “event were community groups could apply for small funding bids and members of the public where invited to vote on the favourites this was awarded to various different groups. I have also supported bids through the District Committee.

Challenges for the year ahead
As a council we are dealing with the challenges from national Government and huge reductions in funding and government cuts, the council is unable to provide the services that it has done before, I need to continue to encourage local people and groups to work together, and I will support them wherever I can.

Local Community Group and Organisations - I am involved with:
Ravensthorpe Action Group
Rags

Council Meetings and Committees
Full Council  
Dewsbury District Committee  
Labour Group

Outside Bodies I sit on
KCA Housing Board

Training or learning I have undertaken
New Councillors Induction
Planning Training
CSE training  
Mental Health
Dementia