Thursday 12 December 2013

Cllr Naheed Mather, Dalton: Annual Report 2012/13

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to represent the residents of the Dalton Ward, since being elected 2 years ago. It has been a steep learning curve where I have attended all of the induction provided to new colleagues along with regular policy seminars. I believe I have been able to make a real difference to the lives of local people in the Dalton Ward, as well as for the people in the wider Kirklees District.

Undertaking my duties by attending Council meetings and sitting on various panels and committees, allows me to keep abreast of wider issues that may affect the Dalton Ward. This is important for when I speak to residents or visit community groups that might need advice or clarification on matters that affect them.

I have worked with my fellow Councillor colleagues to carry out mobile surgeries every Saturday morning and knock over100/120 residents' doors on an ongoing basis to check problems they may be experiencing with the Council. It allows us to cover the whole ward and see for ourselves the overall condition of the ward.

To view my full annual report for 2012/13, follow this link.