Wednesday 1 October 2014

Annual Report 2013-2014: Cllr Abdul Patel

It has been another hectic year serving the communities of Whitley, Briestfield, Thornhill, Thornhill Lees & Savile Town. The work seems to get busier and busier.

I would like to thank all those residents, who continue to share their concerns with me. I look forward to serving you over the coming years.

It has been a pleasure to work with Kirklees Council staff from a wide range of services, in particular those who have supported and contributed information to me in dealing with ward issues. I would also like to thank my colleague Councillor Masood Ahmed for his continued support, advice and guidance.

COUNCIL MEETINGS ATTENDED:
During the past year I have attended:

Meetings of Dewsbury Area Committee & Sub Committee
Labour Group Meetings
Full Council Meetings
Heavy Woollen Planning Meetings

PARTICIPATION OF OUTSIDE BODIES:
I am member of the following:

Walker and Greenwood Educational Charity

WARD WORK:

New Sports Track – Savile Town
New Homes built in Thornhill 
Lighting improvements across the ward 
Working closely with Streetscene in addressing issues around flytipping, litter, overgrown trees and vegetation. 
Resurfacing and road improvements in the Dewsbury South Ward. 

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:

I have attended planning, licensing and various other training courses provided by the council in my personal development as a councillor.