Wednesday 6 July 2016

Cllr Masood Ahmed: Annual Report 2014-2015

This year has probably been one of my busiest year in representing my constituents and residents of the Dewsbury South Ward,

My work load has got larger and larger and at the same time I have become more busier and busier. I must be doing something right for my constituents to come to me.

I have met and come across so many wonderful & lovely people in my ward. Who I have either become friends with or just kept in touch with. There have been many new groups and organisations that I have helped and supported through the challenging and difficult times that we are currently facing and will be facing this year too. Through the cuts that are being forced upon us through by central government.

I would not have been able to deal and address all these challenges without the support of the Labour Group Office and Kirklees Council Officers in dealing with my constituents and residents issues and enquiries in my ward.

COUNCIL MEETINGS ATTENDED:
  • Meetings of Dewsbury Area Committee & Sub Committee
  • Meetings of Children’s Advisory Board
  • Meeting of Full Council

PARTICIPATION OF OUTSIDE BODIES:
  • West Yorkshire Police and Crime Panel
  • Thornhill Poors Estate Charity
  • Dewsbury Endowed Schools Foundation Trust Advisory Committee
  • Walker and Greenwood Educational Charity

WARD WORK:

Anti Social Behaviour – Liaised closely with Police and other agencies to look at and address ASB & Alcohol & Drug related issues across the ward.
 
Housing – I have supported many residents with Council Tenancies, advocated on their behalf & liaised with relevant agencies to resolve their problems & issues.
 
Community Groups, Organisations & Clubs – Supported & worked with Thornhill Trojans, SavileTown FC, Overthorpe Sports Club, Thornhill Cricket & Bowling Club, Thornhill & Thornhill Lees TRA’s
 
Planning – I have written letters of support & represented constituents at Planning Committees.

Road Safety – Supported & campaigned for traffic claming measures across the ward.
                                        
WARD SURGERIES:

I have held street surgeries across the area

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:

Training & Development is ongoing. I attend necessary training courses, seminars & away days to improve and develop my knowledge & skills.