Monday 11 August 2014

Annual Report 2013-2014: Cllr Darren O'Donovan

This report reflects my third year as a Kirklees councillor representing Dewsbury West.

Over the past year I have continued assisting residents with housing applications, waste collections, planning applications and school appeals to name just a few.

Locally I have secured funding and set up five new groups - Beckets TRA, Pilgrim TRA , 20/20 Foundation , Westtown Irish dancing club and St Paulinus parents group. The latter of which have just run a year 6 study support group for pupils at St Paulinus School.

I have continued to support the Dewsbury Moor big lottery partnership and took part in interviews for a new development worker. I will also take up my position as a trustee in due course.

I have continued to support the various resident, sports, schools and faith groups. 

Further afield I have played a valuable role in my position on the Environment Agency flood and coastal committee, in securing funding for feasibility studies to protect communities and businesses in Dewsbury and Huddersfield.

I also helped to steer YPO through a major development year in it's formation as a limited company, where I now sit as a director.

In my fourth year I will take the role of Dewsbury and Mirfield district committee chair. A role which I am really looking forward to.