Tuesday 22 July 2014

Annual Report 2013/2014: Cllr Simon Alvy

In the passed year I have been working hard supporting Tenants and Residents Associations and I have been particularly involved with maintaining committees on Windybank and developing community facilities at Millbridge School for Firthcliffe.  I have worked closely with KFTRA on a number of projects and have been involved with the Community Outreach team and the ‘It’s up to you’ project.

I am very pleased that since my election we have been able to move forward plans for Spen Pool and Kirklees Active Leisure officers are now actively looking at plans.
 
The Liversedge and Gomersal Labour branch have been campaigning for better road safety at 6 Lane Ends and along the A62. I have represented people’s views on planning (most recently the White Horse pub) and have been helping with a number of school appeals.
 
I have held Surgeries at Windybank and Millbridge Community rooms and send out letters weekly inviting people to contact me directly and offering home visits.
 
With cuts to the Council Budget it is important that I listen to my constituents and help them protect the services they need and value. 
 
I am hoping to engage further with the community and will always make myself available to residents. I attend as many events as possible and hope that people will approach me with their views.
 
Local Community Group and Organisations I work with:
  • Gomersal Matters
  • Gomersal Centre
  • Windybank TRA
  • Tenants and Residents Association 
  • Ward Meetings- with Highways/StreetScene, Community workers to decide on how to progress issues in the ward.
  • Neighbourhood Management Group
Council Meetings and Committees I attend
  • SACRE
  • Adult Learning
  • Spen Valley Area Committee 
  • Children’s Centres Advisory Board
  • Children’s Centres Advisory Board Sub Committee 
  • Full Council Meetings
  • TRC meetings
Outside Bodies I work with
  • Millbridge School Governors 
  • Highbank School Governors
  • Save our Local Hospital Services Group
  • Heckmondwike and Liversedge and Gomersal Labour Party meetings
  • Batley & Spen constituency meetings
  • Meetings with the North Kirklees CCG